Saturday 13 October 2007

Delete

I think everytime my fingers are mischievious enough to delete someone off my humble phone, some part of that someone eventually dies. Now, this is a grim affair but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to go through the painstaking and morally questionable task. Everyday millions of people are deleted off millions of mobile phones. I'm sure I'm deleted somewhere as we speak. The problem lies where we are unable to let go. From time to time I have felt the satisfying urge to smash my phone on the pavement and liberate myself from the eveready clintele. I have deleted ex-girlfiends without so much as batting an eyelid; I have given away entire friendships into the abyss of hit-the-road-jack-and-don't-come-back-no-more-no-more-no-more-no-more. As much as I would like to keep these people on my phone, the fact is that my sim card only has space enough for 200 beautiful people. Hence I delete. And so must you.

No comments: